Human Resources and Operations Specialist
Rising Tide Interactive is seeking a Human Resources and Operations Specialist who is eager to join a growing team (~55 people) of progressive technologists, creatives, and administrative staff. We are looking for an experienced, strategic, and process-minded team player that is comfortable providing critical support to the Human Resources/Operations department.
Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources and Operations Specialist will provide administrative oversight and support to areas including management of the full employee lifecycle, HRIS and ATS management, general project management of HR initiatives, and office management.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Manage the RTI internship program to ensure a quality learning experience for interns by working with managers on goals, creating learning materials, and operationalizing interactive programming
- Execute onboarding and offboarding process for staff and interns
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9's; conducts audits as needed and/or directed in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Assist in maintaining Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed
- Provide general support for various human resources initiatives as required
- Perform customer service functions by promptly answering employee requests and questions with a positive attitude; refers more complex questions to the Director of Human Resources
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as open enrollment, company-wide meetings, employee recognition events, and holiday parties, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between RTI and company vendors (i.e., property management, IT vendor, office deliveries, benefits consultant, etc.)
- Maintain office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items and delivering supplies to work stations
- Monitor and manage the inventory of office equipment and technology; solves IT issues when possible with support from outsourced IT vendor
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of HR professional experience with a solid understanding of human resources standards and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters
- High level of personal integrity, discretion, and ethics, with the ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Background in Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, or issue-driven nonprofits is desired but not required
- Initiative to improve processes in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Human Resources Information Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, Google Drive, timekeeping systems, etc.
- Familiarity with ACA, E-Verify, DC, and federal employment laws
- Salary band: $57,000 - $71,000
- This position is based in our office in Washington, DC
- Due to COVID-19, our offices are closed and all employees are working remotely through at least January 2022, but the Human Resources and Operations Specialist will need to go into the office weekly to assist with office reopening plans.
Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, Voto Latino, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, Giffords, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2022.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Rising Tide Interactive participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Rising Tide Interactive is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Rising Tide Interactive can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.